Do all novels and short stories need a dynamic character as a protagonist? And how do dynamic characters differ from static characters?
Your reader doesn’t need to know everything about every character, and in fact, it would be a huge burden to tell your readers everything you know about each character in your story. But the depth of knowledge you possess about the characters populating your book can influence how those characters act, speak and what effect they will have on your protagonist’s journey.
Learn what goes into writing a rounded character with this guide and infographic.
Read the whole article at Reedsy: Dynamic Character: How to write a compelling protagonist
- What is a dynamic character?
- How to write a dynamic character?
- But what if the protagonist doesn’t really change?
- Infographic: Three dynamic characters walk into an editor’s office…
- Tragedy is a failure to change
- How much change is too much?